- Software Engineer — Contract, QualityLogic, Los Angeles, California — Remote, 2016
- Tested interoperability, compliance, and performance of emergent 3D-printing file standard.
- Designed test cases to exercise the full breadth of variability allowed by the 3MF specification.
- Built protocols to provide pixel-precise analysis of printer slice data using printer API.
- Production Technician, Normal, New York, New York, 2014 - 2015
- Early team member, worked on design and manufacturing of 3D-printed, custom-fit earphones.
- Utilized rapid prototyping to create mass-customizable consumer products at scale.
- Refined manufacturing processes and produced measurable improvements in production time.
- Junior UI/UX Designer — Contract, LightSail Education, New York, New York, 2014
- Designed digital assets and UI/UX for an interactive, tablet-based literacy education platform.
- Developed new features through wireframes, visual design mockups, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Produced tools to provide continuous data on student reading habits and comprehension.
- QA Engineering Intern, Fuzz Productions, New York, New York, 2014
- Created test strategies, developed and implemented automated test scripts, and manually tested multiple apps and websites in an Agile environment.
- Client projects included Android and iOS apps for the New York Post and WeightTraining.com.
- Editorial Assistant, McMurry/TMG, New York, New York, 2012 - 2014
- Responsibilities across content division, including editorial, design, and administrative roles.
- Copywriting, copy editing and InDesign composition of print and digital materials for national brands.
- Editor-in-Chief, Artistic Director, Webmaster, The Skidmore News, 2008 - 2012
- Edited and managed all aspects of weekly student print and digital publication.
- Managed staff of approximately 20, and interfaced with senior college leadership.
- Over four years, trained and mentored dozens of students in journalism, editing and design.
- Rebranded entire publication including visual design of print and web editions.
- Master Carpenter, Skidmore College Theater Department, 2008 - 2012
- Trained and supervised student volunteers in tool usage and shop procedure.
- Managed projects and crews for four large scale productions each year.
- Communication Design Teaching Assistant, Skidmore College Art Department, 2011 - 2012
- Tutored students in principles of design, composition and typography.
- Trained students to use Adobe Creative Suite and Extensis Suitcase Fusion.
- Software: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere, Autodesk Maya, Mudbox, Fusion 360, Rhinoceros, Solidworks, EAGLE
- Fabrication: Additive Manufacting 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, CNC Milling, Woodworking, Metalworking & Foundry, Circuit Design & Prototyping
- General UI/UX Design, Product Design, Copy Editing, Copywriting, Typography, QA Testing
- Red Burns Scholarship Fund, Tisch School of the Arts, July 2015
- SGA Senior Leadership Award, Skidmore College, May 2012
- Student Opportunity Project Fund, Skidmore College, Feb. 2012
- Creative Thought Matters Photography Contest, 1st Place, Skidmore College, Nov. 2011
- Jeffrey and Cynthia Treuhaft Fund For Art Technology, Skidmore College, Nov. 2011
- Thoroughbred Athletic Honor Society — Varsity Rowing, Skidmore College, Feb. 2009
- Counselor of the Week, French Woods Festival of the Performing Arts, Aug. 2007
- Write-On Scholarship, 1st Place, New England Patriots Charitable Foundation, Dec. 2006
Founders’ scholarship awarded to second year students recognizing academic achievement.
Recognized as graduating senior for consistent contribution to the co-curricular life of the college.
Awarded to fund technology purchases for independently organized, inter-departmental thesis.
Honor society recognizing academic achievements by student-athletes.