- Versatile and multi-faceted additive manufacturing expert with 5 years industry experience and a proven track record leading and executing research and development for start-up stage design and technology companies. Offers a unique blend of technical engineering, visual and conceptual design, and hands-on fabrication expertise, combined with communications and marketing experience. Leverages design thinking and an interdisciplinary approach to tackle new challenges, solve problems and develop solutions that contribute to an organization’s success. A trusted partner to cross-functional teams and company leadership, and is a strong communicator who bridges the gap between creatives, technology and business.
- 3D Printing Technologies: Bound Metal Deposition, Multi Jet Fusion, Binder Jetting, FDM/FFF, Stereolithography
- Creative Expertise: Product Design, UX/UI Design, 3D Modeling, Copywriting, Copy Editing, , Woodworking, Manual & CNC Machining
- Technical Skills: Solidworks, Materialise Magics, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator, QA Testing, Arduino, Python, G-Code, Design of Experiments
- Engineering Technician, Desktop Metal, Burlington, Massachusetts, 2017 - 2019
- Hired to provide technical and production support to application engineers for this start-up 3D printing system developer. Rapidly became expert user and lead technician, and a critical resource for product, marketing and process engineering teams. Designed models, created prototype parts, and identified and isolated bugs across hardware, software, and firmware for alpha-stage printers.
- Selected as first employee to initiate a new product venture, managing initial hardware bring-up, safety analysis, and validation testing. Collaborated with senior researchers to design and conduct experiments, and guided UX and industrial design under an aggressive timeline.
- Built critical in-house prototyping resource on HP MJF 4200 3D printer, producing hundreds of parts on a bi-weekly basis, enabling faster in-house supply line and leading to reduced prototyping expenses.
- Created initial operational settings profile for a high-resolution nozzle as an enhanced feature for a critical product, leading to significant positive impact on successful Series E funding.
- Designed experiments and data collection system, resulting in measurable product refinements that improved part success rates with end users.
- Designer & Fabricator, The Factory NYC, Brooklyn, New York, 2017
- Produced scenery and installations, and created functional props using custom electronics and micro-controller programming for high-visibility retail, fashion and marketing events. Operated, programmed, and maintained CNC router.
- Software Engineer — Contract, QualityLogic, Los Angeles, California — Remote, 2016
- Performed quality assurance testing and documented performance issues for 3D printing slicer software, building protocols to provide pixel-precise analysis of data. Designed test cases and managed testing plans to determine interoperability, compliance and performance.
- Production Technician, Normal Ears, New York, New York, 2014 - 2015
- Manufactured and assembled custom-fit earphones, using 3D printing and laser cutting in a real-time environment to create mass-customizable consumer products at scale. Ideated new product concepts and fabricated product displays for retail environments and business development presentations.
- Optimized manufacturing processes by streamlining workflow, reducing production time for a single pair of earphones by 40%.
- Junior UI/UX Designer — Contract, LightSail Education, New York, New York, 2014
- Designed and produced visual assets and UX/UI for this interactive, tabletbased literacy education platform. Developed new features via wireframes, created visual design mock-ups and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Editorial Assistant, McMurry/TMG, New York, New York, 2012 - 2014
- Provided copywriting, editing and composition design for print and digital materials for this content marketing agency serving clients in hospitality, healthcare, and luxury goods. Collaborated with editorial and creative directors in producing new content and managing freelancers
- Freelance Copywriter, Markforged, Watertown, Massachusetts, 2017
- QA Engineering Intern, Fuzz Productions, New York, New York, 2014
- Editor-in-Chief, Artistic Director, Webmaster, The Skidmore News, 2008 - 2012
- Master Carpenter, Skidmore College Theater Department, 2008 - 2012
- Interactive Telecommunications Program, New York University, New York, New York, 2016
- Master of Professional Studies, Interactive Technology & Design
- Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York, 2012
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science & Studio Art
Certifications & Awards
- Advanced Operation Certification, HP Multi Jet Fusion 4200 Series 3D Printing System, Hewlett Packard, June 2018
- Red Burns Scholarship Fund, Tisch School of the Arts, July 2015
- SGA Senior Leadership Award, Skidmore College, May 2012
- Certified to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot HP Multi Jet Fusion 3D Printers.
Founders’ scholarship awarded to second year students recognizing academic achievement.
Recognized as graduating senior for consistent contribution to the co-curricular life of the college.